Emergency Response in Accommodating Unaccompanied Migrant Children - ERAcUMiC
Duration: 1 January 2018 - 30 April 2018
- Immediate improvement in the daily living conditions for UMCs through the provision of more spacious accommodation and provision of NFIs.
- Ensuring the safeguarding of children as the facilities operate with specialized staff on a 24/7 basis.
- Access to protection services throughout the country, as the multidisciplinary teams operating in the facilities, as well as the Medical Implementing Partner will have the capacity to refer any cases, when appropriate and necessary.
- Streamlining of access to health services and bridging of the gaps in service provision, through the deployment of medical staff and mobile medical units covering all facilities, but also through referrals to external secondary health care services.
- Better communication of UMC needs through the support of interpreters.
- Provision of access to other actors and/or agencies through the provision of transportation services.
- In the framework of the "Emergency Response in Accommodating Unaccompanied Migrant Children ERAcUMiC" which is implemented by IOM in partnership with ARSIS, ILIAKTIDA AMKE and MDM and funded by the European Union, Unaccompanied Migrant Children who had been residing at the Reception and Identification Centers and/or Police custody are being provided temporary accommodation and protection services.
- Through this program, UMC are being provided services within a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach of child protection. Coverage of basic needs, access to primary health care with a medical unit present per accommodation facility, legal counselling, psychological support, educational activities and courses but also arrangements in enhancing external services provision for UMC are some, to name a few, program provisions.
- This action will strengthen qualitatively and quantitatively the assistance capacities within the current emergency response to increase UMC accommodation places and to provide appropriate services.
Areas of action: Attica and Northern Greece.