Duration: April 2021 – December 2022
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that broke out in Greece in late February 2020, health and protection risks have been exacerbated for the migrant population residing in the country. To minimize the spread of the virus within migrant communities and increase the preparedness of the national health care system and relevant authorities engaged in migration management, the Greek Government has been implementing a series of preventative and response measures. However, given the persistence and magnitude of the pandemic, coupled with the mounting burden on national health care structures and migrant reception and accommodation facilities, additional support is required to complement the Greek authorities' ongoing efforts.
The project proposed Action seeks to address this need by providing the necessary support to enhance the COVID-19 prevention and response within migrant communities in Greece. Under the overall coordination, supervision and technical guidance of the Ministry of Health (MoH), IOM will undertake the procurement and delivery of critical COVID-19 related equipment, supplies and medicine for migrant reception and accommodation facilities in the islands and mainland Greece.
IOM will undertake the following activities:
- Procure and deliver mobile units and modular clinics
- Create isolation/quarantine areas
- Procure and deliver medical supplies for RICs and open accommodation sites
- Procure and deliver medicine for RICs, open accommodation sites and pre-removal centers
- Procure and deliver the necessary medical equipment for Hospitals and PHCs