Temporary Shelter and Protection for the Most Vulnerable Migrants in Greece (FILOXENIA): 01/10/2018 – 15/10/2019
Temporary accommodation of vulnerable migrants in Greece in emergency hotel facilities (FILOXENIA II): 16/10/2019 – 30/4/2021
- Emergency shelter (FILOXENIA – FILOXENIA II): Provision of dignified living conditions in temporary accommodation facilities through the activation of places in hotels.
- Protection (FILOXENIA – FILOXENIA II): Core protection services ensuring identification and assistance of the vulnerable population residing in all targeted facilities, providing case management and monitoring (including Child Protection, general protection against violence and abuse), as well as referrals to relevant agencies/ public services as per needs.
- Interpretation (FILOXENIA – FILOXENIA II): Provision of interpretation services facilitating communication of beneficiaries.
- Construction works (FILOXENIA): Construction works in the open accommodation facilities on the mainland.
- Transfer of population from the islands (FILOXENIA II): Supporting the Greek Authorities in transferring vulnerable asylum seekers from the islands to the mainland.
The project is funded by the Directorate General Migration and Home Affairs of the European Commission (DG HOME)