Duration: June 2019 – 31 May 2023
Description: In close collaboration with national authorities and experienced Partners, through the HELIOS project IOM aims at promoting the integration of beneficiaries of international protection and temporary protection into the Greek society, through the following components:
- Integration Courses: Conduction of Integration Courses within Integration Learning Centres set-up across Greece. Each course cycle lasts for 6 months and consists of modules on Greek language learning, cultural orientation, job readiness and life skills.
- Accommodation support: Supporting beneficiaries towards independent accommodation in apartments rented on their name, including contributions to rental and move-in costs and networking with apartment owners.
- Employability support: Provision of individual employability and job readiness support, including job counseling, access to job-related certifications and networking with private employers. In case you are a company that wishes to employ beneficiaries of international protection or temporary protection or you have any queries about their access to the labour market, do not hesitate to contact the HELIOS Employability team at email@example.com.
- Integration monitoring: Regular assessment of the integration progress of the beneficiaries to ensure that they will be in a position to confidently navigate through Greek public service providers once they will exit from the HELIOS project and start living independently in Greece.
- Sensitization of the host community: Organization of workshops, activities and events and production of a nationwide media campaign to create exchange occasions between the hosting and the hosted communities, highlighting the value of the integration of migrants into the Greek society.
Objective: The objective of the project is two-fold:
- to increase the prospects of beneficiaries of international protection and temporary protection towards self-reliance and support them in becoming active members of the Greek society, and;
- support the Greek authorities in establishing a sustainable integration mechanism for beneficiaries of international protection and temporary protection in Greece, as part of the overall Migration Management System in the country.
Target group: The target group of the HELIOS project consists of beneficiaries of international protection recognized after 01/01/2018 and beneficiaries of temporary protection (based on the published Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/382 of the Council of the European union).
Partners: Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Danish Refugee Council Greece (DRC Greece), Greek Council for Refugees (GCR), Solidarity Now, INTERSOS, Municipality Development Agency Thessaloniki S.A (MDAT), Metadrasi, PLOIGOS, KEDHL
Areas of implementation: The project is implemented throughout Greece.
For any question please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following WhatsApp and Telegram numbers from 9am-3pm Monday to Friday; you can also reach the numbers at a different time and leave a message:
WHATSAPP & TELEGRAM NUMBER LANGUAGES
+ 30 6909868980 English - French - Ukrainian - Greek
+ 30 6906656134 Arabic
+ 30 6906956107 Sorani - Kurmanji - Turkish
+ 30 6906656125 Farsi - Pashto - Urdu - Hindi - Panjabi
You can also reach us at HELIOS Integration Learning Centers from 9:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday:
- Alkminis 36-38, Kato Petralona, Athens
- Kolokynthous 23, Metaxourgeio, Athens
- Aristotelous 11-15, 10432, Athens
- 25th Martiou 7, Tavros, Athens
- Τsorlini 26, Thessaloniki
- Ptolemaion 29A, Thessaloniki
- Nikolaou Germanou 1, Thessaloniki
- Olympiados 24, Kardamitsia, Ioannina
- Nikolaou Plastira 4, Chania, Crete
- Andrea Papandreou 107, Amoudara, Heraklion, Crete
- Piskokefalou KEGE (P.O Code: 71202), Sitia, Crete
- Sokratous 111, Larissa
- Chaironeias 39, Livadeia
- Moskof 8, Kilkis
- Androutsou 30, Katerini
- Alexandrou Soutsou 2Α, Tripoli
The project as of January 1st 2022 is funded by the Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
The project until December 31st 2021 was funded by Directorate General Migration and Home Affairs of the European Commission (DG HOME).
- Media library
- Inna's story
- The story of a family from Ukraine
- Working Together Towards Integration (video1)
- Working Together Towards Integration (video 2)
- National Campaign
- HELIOS Factsheet
- HELIOS on City Network for Integration Newsletter
- HELIOS Newsletter July-September 2022
- My Integration Story - Intersos Hellas
- HELIOSPITI video tutorials in various languages
- Research - Mobility and Employment of refugee populations in the Greek region
- Resources for Beneficiaries of International Protection in various languages
- Resources for Beneficiaries of Temporary Protection in English, Greek, Ukrainian and Russian
- Project Regulations Handbook for Beneficiaries of Temporary Protection (BTP) in Greek
- Project Regulations Handbook for Beneficiaries of Temporary Protection (BTP) in English
- Project Regulations Handbook for Beneficiaries of Temporary Protection (BTP) in Ukrainian
- Accommodation Handout I in Ukrainian, Russian
- Accommodation Handout II in Ukrainian, Russian
- Rental Subsidies Handout for First and Monthly Disbursements in English, Greek, Ukrainian and Russian
- Rental Subsidies Handout for Monthly Disbursements in English, Greek, Ukrainian and Russian